Tuesday 15 August 2017

Limp Wrist - They Tell Me



  Limp Wrist formed in 1998 and are an American queercore punk band who play fast hardcore music. They're scattered across various parts of the U.S. so only gig and record occasionally but they recently got together to put out their first release in 9 years. The album is called Facades and you'll find it here :  https://limpwrist.bandcamp.com/album/facades

  The current line up of the band is Martin Sorrondeguy (vocals), Scott Moore (guitar), Andrew Martini (bass) and Paul Henry (drums).

  They describe the album as "11 new trax of complete punk faggotry." It's angry, confrontational and really bloody good, or at least tracks 1 to 8 are. Once they've got you wound up tight and bouncing off the walls they do a complete u turn for the last 3 tracks and chill you back down again with 3 tracks of electro noodling you can groove out to.

  This is one of the hard hitting songs, it's called They Tell Me....


en talk about my maleness 
And how I tamper with the line 
Fem fearing cock-suckers 
(lame homosexual alphas who dislike women) 
get away 
Cuz Iain’t got the time 

Norms talk about my tricks 
And the many that I’ve had 
No commitment to the man on the cross 
Or those who follow his path. 

Left Right, Left Right, they keep pushing! 
Left Right, Left Right, they keep Pushing 
They keep pushing the left to the right, 


They talk to me about my speech 
They talk to me about my smell 
Extremists got rules for me everything 
Boring squares go to hell. 

Friends are angry with me 
Cuz we don’t see eye to eye 
On every single issue 
So now they won’t give me time. 

Left Right, Left Right, they keep pushing! 
Left Right, Left Right, they keep Pushing 
they keep pushing the left to the right, 

Left Right, Left Right, they keep pushing! 
Left Right, 

They created a box 
To squeeze all queers in 
Their definitions have flattened us 
Stay fucked and never go in.


No comments:

Post a Comment